Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Block for Melissa made ;-)

The Cricket was on the TV, and I was able to spend some time in my sewing room ;-)


I made up the block for my January partner - Melissa who asked for a Centennial Tree Block with scrappy leaves - I was a bit overwhelmed when I first saw the instructions - it was rated with 3 PINS difficulty level !!!  ;-)
here is a snippet
It was a very challenging block to make - lots of cutting and squaring up - but I am really pleased with how it eventually turned out.  I hope Melissa likes it.  I am intending to get it in the mail today or tomorrow.
EDITED:   Block has been posted 5 January 2011


That's it for me - back to the real world today with washing and ironing ;-)


4 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The fabric you selected with a leaf look perfect for tree block!!

Staci said...

Wow! That is a tough block! I'm sure you did a great job, and can't wait to see the rest of it.

Rochelle said...

That looks like a very challenging block - very overwhelming looking. It looks as though you have done a great job from this little snippet.
I can't wait to see the rest of it :-)

CathyC said...

;-)