I love this swap group, I really do! There are so many wonderful and productive members out there. But I am sad to say that I have received several complaints lately of members not communicating with each other. I've also been notified that there are members who are not meeting their obligations by making a block for their swap partner. This takes the fun out of the swap and lack of fun causes me to become very grumpy and sad. Thoughts of disolving the group start running around in my head.
Well, it's time for some cleaning out of the membership. This month, if you do not receive an email in response to one you have sent to your swap partner, please let me know - of course, give them a few days to respond. If you do not receive a block from your partner, I need to know about that too. This is meant to be a fun group and lately it seems to have been anything but that from what I've been hearing in the complaint department. So, be warned....if you do not receive a swap partner from me for the month of October, it's because you are not responding to either me or your swap partners emails. Please read the following rules:
1. When you receive your email from me with your partner's information, please contact them by email to confirm details and their block preference
2. Make a block for them following their preferences and post it to them by the 25th of the month. Make a block that you would be happy to receive (pressed, quality fabric, squared up, correct size)
3. Email your partner to let them know that it has gone in the post and that they should be expecting it
4. Email your partner to let them know that you have received their block so that they know their hard work has arrived and is appreciated.
5. If you are going to be unable to swap for any reason (unwell, going away, busy time at work, home etc) please let me know in advance if you are able. You can sit out one swap, or a few if you know the duration of time you need away, or you can suspend yourself indefinitely and let me know when you are able to rejoin.
Now isn't that simple? Okay, so much for my foot stomping and hair pulling. Let's get back to having fun. I look forward to seeing all of the beautiful creations that will be posted here in the future.