Saturday, June 2, 2012

Blocks coming and going ...

 My swap partner for May was the lovely Holly from Havertown, PA ... who sent me these wonderful 9 patch blocks .. not one but two .. and .. a lovely bundle of fabrics as well ... and a really beautiful card too ... wow talk about being blessed ... thank you soooo much Holly ... I hope you like the block I made for you ....



and for June I have the lovely Jen D for a partner .... Jen asked for a scrappy postage stamp block ... well this one really showed me how much I need to practice my 1/4 inch seams ... haha ... it was a tricky block to do ... and because it seemed just a little 'stretched' I decided to put a border on it rather than leave it with all those little one inch blocks exposed ... hope that was ok to do Jen .. if not ... let me know and I will do you another one ... without the border ...

I did use different fabrics for all the patches .. so that made 101 different fabrics in this one block ...

2 comments:

Orange Crumpled Napkin said...

The postage stamp block is nice! I remember reading somewhere that it isn't our 1/4 stitch that causes us problems, but the way we use our irons.

Bobbie said...

that is possibly very true Ann ... I must admit i am a bit heavy handed when it comes to iron ... and I know I often don't 'set' the seam before opening the blocks and ironing it flat .. will have to try to make a better effort to do it the 'right' way .. and see if that makes any difference ..