Monday, March 25, 2013

April Block swap

I cannot believe it's April already!!  I can't believe I have been running this swap for 4 months!  I think things are getting a lot smoother!  It doesn't take me as long to get partners out now :) I am also confident that a lot of the "flakes" are no longer a part of the group, so although the group might have less people there are higher caliber members.

If you were once a part of block swap and are no longer receiving emails from me with swap partners on the 25th it is because you were deemed a "flake".  You did not respond to your partner, send them a block and did not respond to the email I sent you.  Once your partner has received their block, you have emailed them and me, then you are more than welcome to join up again!  Some people need to check their spam folders!  I know sometimes google or yahoo (or whatever you use) gets a little spam happy and will put things that are not spam in there.

Back in February there was a rant posted (here).  I wanted to address a few things that were said, and things from the comments.  It is not expected that when you get your swap partners that you email your partner RIGHT AWAY.  But if your partner emails you, the courteous thing to do is to respond to them.

You should email your partner if you block is going to be late for ANY reason, if you are sick, your kids are, your husband is, work has been crazy, or WHATEVER it is! I have not talked to one swapper who has been upset that their block was late when there was communication with their partner!

You should email your partner if you get the email information and you feel that the block is above your ability.  If you don't appliqué or paper piece ask your partner is you can do an alternative block,  most of the women I have talked to in this swap are more than willing to make exceptions.

You should email your partner to let them know their block is in the mail, so they can be on the lookout for it. (unless you make a blog post with a teaser picture)

You should email your partner when you have received your block.

Now if you have emailed your partner and not gotten a response, I would suggest you NOT start the block.  Send me an email, and if your partner does not respond then do not send them a block!  I don't want you doing that work and not getting something in turn!

Now we have had people mention the blog posts.  This is supposed to be another way of letting your partner know that a block is on the way to them.  You do not have to post a teaser picture, but I know I like seeing a teaser picture, and trying to guess what the block looks like, and then finding out what it does look like!

I really like seeing posts in here everyday!! So please feel free to use this blog!

So on to what this post is really about!! It's swap day!!!

You will be getting your emails soon!

5 comments:

Pamela Kieffer said...

I was part of your blog swap last year and enjoyed it until a couple of times nothing came. I dropped out. I know this happens quite often in every swap. It is great how you have taken care of it. Still enjoy reading your blog and seeing what your ladies are exchanging.

Unknown said...

You're doing a great job, Melissa. Thanks so much for all your hard work!

roccagal said...

Melissa-you are amazing! thanks so much!

Unknown said...

Love how you worded this blog. You are doing a wonderful job!

Doveton said...

Hi - I am still unable to send email via your home page - I would love to join the swap. My email is misb.haven@hotmail.com