Tuesday, September 20, 2011

September blocks sent and received

My swap partner for September was Mary from Toronto.  We've had a lovely time chatting by e-mail and we've both received our blocks from each other already. 

First up here is what Mary made for me.  I love how the fabric makes this block dance and sparkle.


Mary also sent me this block which she made but wasn't happy with. 


Frankly I think it is lovely too.  I just love movement in blocks - the combination of the pinwheel shape and that lovely yellow fabric makes this pinwheel blow in the wind!

Here is the block I sent Mary.  She asked for any block in teal.  I had to look on the internet to find out what colour teal is.  I think I got it right.  Mary said she loves the block.


September has been a great swap month.  Thanks for being my partner Mary!

Janet

2 comments:

Bobbie said...

i love the teal block .... and the ones you recieved are lovely too .. great swap ....

Linda G. (Stray Stitches) said...

All of the blocks are wonderful! I especially like the teal block. What is the name of the block?