Monday, October 31, 2011

Shannon's October block

Here is the wonky star block that I made for Shannon this month.  It is the first time that I have gone wonky and it was fun.  I found it to be a little bit like paper piecing in that I had a lot of fabric wasted(but saved for scraps : ).  I may have been doing something wrong, but it was fun and I hope it works well with the other blocks that she receives.  I have another wonky block to make for November, so I am glad I can use my new learned "wonky" skills....lol.   I really enjoy this Block Swap Adventure!


piece,
elizabeth

http://piecefullife-elizabeth.blogspot.com/2011/10/little-quilt-mondayspider-web-mini.html

5 comments:

Lynette said...

Love your wonky star, Elizabeth! Looks fantastic with that center.

Amber said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and for the comment on the Save The Date Banner! I love your quilts. So adorable!

Little Penpen said...

I have always wondered why people make 'wonky' blocks... but the more I see of them, the more I like them. Yours is soooo cute!

Shannon said...

Thank you for the block! I love it. I will be posting pictures tomorrow!

The Mayo Family said...

Pretty Elizabeth- love the colors!
as always a great job!
Blessings~Lori