Thursday, February 3, 2011

CAN YOU HEAR ME?



I have had some sad reports that there has been a lack of communication between a few of our swap partners. One swapper refuses to send out the block she has made until she has had some sort of response to the many emails she has sent out to her partner.  I don't blame her.  Who wants to make a block only to find out later that his/her partner has changed their mind about what they want made.  Or, worse yet, that their mailing address has changed.  I have tried to assist in this communication problem and have hit a dead end also. 

It is vital that the lines of communication stay strong amongst our members or we will have people leaving disappointed.  It will no longer be fun.  Please make sure to email your partner each month just to verify that all of the information is still correct.  And, please respond - it will make everyone happy!

Your Swap Hostess,
Linda G

8 comments:

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

Thanks for your words Linda! You do such a good job. I haven't had problems with this swap but have learned from others in the past that sometimes not everyone can follow through with commitments. I sometimes have had angels fill in for my missing swap partners so if you need an angel for anyone I would be happy to fill in. :o)

GigiQuilts said...

I am in as an angel too!! Thanks for all your work too!! Great job!

Staci said...

I'd be willing to fill in at any time! This is fun!

sunny said...

I think part of the fun is getting to know my partners! I'd be happy to stand in as an angel if you need one.

Cheryll said...

I've had lovely chats with both my partners... so all is good with me.
I am hosting a swap and now I am fearing the worse. BSA is such an easy swap to be in so I don't understand why people don't honour commitments? :(

Unknown said...

Bad, bad me, I received the info and saved it, but didn't contact her. When I saw this a few minutes ago, went back and emailed her and hopped on over to her blog. Thanks for the reminder. You are the Swap Goddesses of hostesses!

hugz
Pam

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I have to admit that I am not much of a communicator. I do visit my partner's blog and do basic stalking though. I also visit our blog and try to comment on every post so everyone knows I am alive and active.

Debra said...

I am sorry to hear this LInda, as a newbie here i am excited to be included and hope to satisfy and make my swapees very happy. Thanks so much for your work and i will make sure communication lines are well and truly open at this end
Debra x