Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Double the Pleasure

Today was a great day. I received a double surprise. Kurt sent me his block which is beyond the usual-simple and yet very striking.I love the combination of shapes and colors. My grand-daughter has already claimed it as hers.
But that wasn't all that was in the package. Kurt's terrific wife, Tiffany, sent me a mini-quilt as a thank you for making her husband happy. I am so glad that  he likes the block I made.
I love both my surprises as do my grand-daughter and husband.  My husband says that the quilt is just the right size for a sleep mat for Lil' Sister. I think NOT!!! It is going on my desk top right next to my computer for me to enjoy every day.
Lil' Sister trying out the mini-quilt. Just her size

7 comments:

Sewjournal said...

How lovely. Lil' Sister is cute too.

Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you like them! :D

Kurt was worried about the block, because you really did such an amazing job on his. Thanks for being such an awesome swapper for him!! :D

Linda G. (Stray Stitches) said...

The block from Kurt is wonderful - I love the design. The mini quilt is so cute. How old is Lil' Sister - she looks so tiny.

Kurt the Quilt Geek said...

Glad you liked it. It was a pleasure to have you as a swap partner this past month

sunny said...

Aren't you luckky? Great block and mini quilt. And cute puppy, too.

elizabeth said...

You can send me lil' sister.... : )

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Adorable! Looks like the perfect size for lil sis. Better keep a close eye on it.